Health concerns are very scary. I would argue that they’re even scarier, or at least harder to cope with, when you have panic disorder.Continue reading “Fighting Health Panic”
It’s like I know what to do but I just can’t do it. It reminds me of Kylo Ren in Star Wars.
In my journey with crippling anxiety, I feel like I’ve seen it all; every tip, every trick. I refuse to mislead my readers by saying these are “new” techniques, but they are things that I haven’t taken seriously enough.
As cliche as it is, it’s 2020 and I’m sick of having this dark cloud and fear attached to me even when I’m supposed to be happy. These will hopefully become habitual for me.
Uh-oh. School is starting again. Props to to the excited ones *rolls eyes*.
I’m sort of kidding, I am excited, but there’s some weirdness going on with my classes so I’m not holding my breath.
Anyways, I was just about to pack my bag for tomorrow and figured I should write a blog post about what to bring to your first day of classes!
Mission Statement: “To help people through beneficial contacts with companion, therapy animals and deliver quality animal-assisted activity and therapy programs, to unite people who have mental and physical disabilities and patients in healthcare facilities with professionally trained animals to help improve their health and to promote education as well as encouraging a responsible relationship between people and pets.”
I work 17 hours a week and go to college for 15 credit hours this semester. I also have to do hours of homework, food shopping, sleep, clean, and make time for my friends and boyfriend. I’m a very busy young lady.
The concept of relaxing never really hit me until very recently. I don’t like to relax. I don’t want to relax. I could be doing “better things with my time- more productive things…” But honey, taking care of you and your mental/emotional/physical well-being is productive. You must take care of yourself before anything else. And once I start relaxing, I feel way better.
With my newfound desire for relaxation, I decided to share a list of how I relax with you all.
How Jaedyn Relaxes
- I’ll get lost in a book
- I take a warm bath with bubbles and Epsom salts
- I have a girls night where we order pizza and watch a movie
- If I really need it, I’ll take a nap between classes
- I say “no” to things that A. Will overwhelm me B. Make my schedule way to packed C. Don’t pertain to me
- I make time for yoga to focus on mindful breathing. It really helps during the day when you get overwhelmed.
- Talk a walk for pleasure not with an objective in mind (i.e. walking to the dining hall to get lunch doesn’t count)
- Sometimes I’ll literally just sit down, close my eyes, and practice the mindful breathing mentioned before
- If there’s an app I really like, I’ll play it when I’m stressed and need to get my mind off my something. I’m currently playing Neko Atsume (Kitty Collector)
- I will hug/ cuddle someone. I saw my good friend Amanda one day and walked up to her and hugged her. I’ll cuddle my boyfriend all the time. You know why? Because it’s sooooo cathardic.
- Sometimes my siblings will rub my feet for a fee, but it’s worth it, especially if you live on a college campus and you’re constantly walking around.
- Watch Netflix or TV
Alright, those are some ways I relax! As people comment, I’ll add on to the post so it can become extremely helpful!