My Pinterest gets crazy unorganized sometimes. I’ll have 3 boards for the same thing, boards with, like, 1 pin on them, and I’ll follow a bunch of inactive accounts. For the times when I sit back, take in the hot mess, and fix it- this is what I do.Continue reading “How to Clean up your Pinterest”
Since I’ve been so busy lately, I’ve been gaining some weight due to my fluctuating eating habits and lack of time to spend at the gym.
So, I’ve come up with a simple as heck workout that gets me sweating and doesn’t bore me to death. My friend Amanda and I hit the gym when we have time and do our “Mom Cardio” workout.
I love listening to Podcasts while I workout on the elliptical because it keeps me from getting bored. My favorite one to listen to right now is The Myths and Legends Podcast by Jason Wieser. Another one that I’ve listened to for hours at work is TED Radio Hour. I use the iTunes Podcasts app!
What I do for my basic, non-boring workout is:
- 20 minutes on the elliptical listening to Podcasts
- Stretches (every stretch I know)
I work out with my best friend and we have a routine. We ignore each other on the elliptical while we listen to music/podcasts, and chat while we stretch. This is a really flexible workout- so make it your own! Also, make sure you bring water! You’ll sweat like crazy on the elliptical.
I have to give Amanda credit for the term “Mom Cardio”. She’s so funny!
Put me on Pinterest!
- Buy leather balsam because it is an absolute God send! My Sperry’s look brand new because of this. Just rub it on scuffs, dirt, water stains, etc and they come right off! I got mine for $8 at Journey’s, and I was skeptical and probably wouldn’t have bought it if I didn’t have a gift card, but I am so glad I bought it! It’s worth the investment and will save you money in the long run.
- Keep the cardboard that maintains their shape in the box and put them in your shoes when you are not using them. This helps my Sperry’s keep shape. (Photo is not mine)
- Use soap, water, and a cloth for the rubber on Converse. All you have to do to clean the rubber on Converse is scrub it with soapy water. If that doesn’t work, you can you the leather balsam mentioned above. (Photo is not mine)
- Do not wear your good shoes out in the rain. This is obvious, but some people still do it. Have designated rain shoes or rain boots. I wear my most beat up pair of boots in the rain because I don’t care if they get ruined! (Photo is not mine)
- Keep them smelling good by putting tea bags, half a bar of soap, or a sneaker ball in them when they are not in use. (Photo is not mine)