So there’s this trend going around where beauty gurus are putting their makeup sponges in a cup of soapy water and microwaving it for 1 minute to clean it. I’m here to put my beloved beauty blender on the line to prove if this works or not with a science experiment.
I got my hair cut a little too short for comfort, so I’ve been trying to find actual ways to help my hair grow. One thing that I see everywhere are hair masks (made with breakfast foods lol). Since there are so many around the web, I made my own that’s a mixture of some highly regarded mixes. The point of this mask is to give nutrients back to stripped hair and promote healthy growth.
I’ve been STRUGGLING with disgusting, splotchy patches on my arms, legs, neck, face, EVERYWHERE, etc. since birth. I’m going to list and explain methods that have worked for me. As you all know, I’m broke, so of course they should be in your price range.
This is so simple it’s ridiculous. Simply mix together 2 parts coconut oil to 1 part coffee. So, if you mix 2 cups of coconut oil and 1 cup of coffee, it’ll do the trick!
Uh-oh, it’s that time of the year again, and you feel like you’ve done everything before. Well guess what. You haven’t.
- Basic clothing items from Forever 21 Men. XXI’s men’s line has cheap, fashionable basics for your man’s closet.
Classic V-Neck Tees are $3.90, Classic Cotton Tanks are $3.90, etc.
- Printed photos of you framed. If you join Snapfish.com you will get 100 free prints, and then you can go to the dollar store and purchase picture frames! You’ll end up spending probably $5.
- Tech gear. Phone case, cute earbuds, new charger. Think about what you would want somebody to get you. For me it’s a long charger that actually works. I suggest all of the above and put it in a set.
- Gift cards. Where does he always eat? I suggest $5-$10 on a couple of fast food joints.
- Something new for his lifelong hobby. I would get my boyfriend a new basketball or a cool puzzle. This one is left up to interpretation because, while I’m great, I don’t know each and every one of your boyfriends. What does he like to do, and do often?
- Religious things. My boyfriend is Christian
, so I would get him a pretty cross to hang in his room!
- A clothing item he’s always wanted. My boyfriend loves Vineyard Vines, but he only has a few things from it. I would get him a couple of their iconic t-shirts!
- A new video game he wants. The latest 2k or Call of Duty should do fine.
Have fun and don’t go broke!
Disclaimer: None of these pictures are mine!
Since I recently received my first paycheck, I decided to spoil myself a little because, well, I deserve it! And so do you- so here’s a little inspiration based off of what I did!
First stop: Dillard’s MAC counter
MAC satin lipstick in the color “Spirit” | $17
MAC lip-liner in the color “Spice” | $16.50
MAC studio fix fluid foundation in the color “NC15” | $27
The reddish brown colors of Spirit and Spice go really well together! There is little color difference between them, so there are no harsh lines. This lipstick/lip-liner duo brings out my brown eyes and yellow undertones. The only bad thing is, they don’t stay on long. If you put it on before you eat you can forget about having it on the rest of the day.
The studio fix fluid foundation, “NC15”, gives very good coverage! I started breaking out on my forehead recently, but this foundation made them vanish. This is my second time buying, and not my last!
Second stop: Ulta
Beverly Hills Perfect Brow Pencil by Anastasia in the color “Medium Brown” | On sale for $12, originally $23
Stay Matte pressed powder by Rimmel London in the color “Sandstorm” | On sale for $4, originally $5
Instant Bronze Self Tanning Lotion by Australian Gold | On sale for $4, originally $8
The eyebrow pencil is good; I’m not sure if I would buy it again or not, but it looks more natural than my current eyebrow kit. I have bought Stay Matte several times now, so of course I love it. It really does have a matte appearance when applied and is relatively inexpensive compared to other matte powders. The self tanner I bought looks great on me! It gets streaky on my hands and feet, but that’s because those are common problem areas for self tanning. I will probably buy it again because I got a lot of product for a little amount of money, and it looks good on my body.
This is not an affiliated or sponsored post. All opinions are mine.
Today I am going to show you one way I get beautiful curls.
First, take a shower.
Secondly, when your hair is still damp, finger-comb As I Am “Curling Jelly” (or another curling product) into your hair:
The fourth step is to sleep with them in overnight.
~You will wake up with loose, voluminous curls like mine!~
My little brother has great… I guess… “guy beauty supplies”? I personally love how guy products smell and would rather use them over “girly smelling” products any day- I guess it’s preference. In this post I’ll be sharing with you a few things that my brother has that are definitely worth buying. (This is not a sponsored post)
- Dove Men+Care Extra Fresh Body and Face Wash I use this product as a normal body wash and it smells so good! For about $5 for a big bottle at any drug store, it also comes in many different scents and sizes. Dove Men+Care even has special sensitive skin lines.
- Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Hair and Body Moisturizer for $5 on Amazon. I use this product as a leave in conditioner after I shower, and it totally soothes my dry hair.
- Old Spice Swagger Red Zone Deodorant This one may be a stretch for some ladies, but let me tell you: This keeps you smelling good all day no matter how long you stay out. And honestly, it doesn’t even smell “boyish”. It smells like pine trees. Get this for about $3 at any store that sells men’s hygiene supplies.
- Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Antiperspirant Deodorant This deodorant slides smoothly on your skin and doesn’t leave the ugly white lines and clumps that female deodorant (sometimes) leaves. It smells really good, but also pretty manly for all of the girly-girls reading.
- Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Radiant Lotion For around $4 for a medium sized bottle, this lotion makes ugly skin pretty. I have eczema, and this lotion soothes it instead of irritating it like most lotions.
Alright, those are my suggestions! If you have any brother-borrows, leave them in the comments!